Saturday, March 3, 2012

Xbox 360 Repair Process Explained, but a bit about me first

I am not a morning person, although I get the most out of doing things in the mornings. I have to do things myself and I want to know everything about what it is I am doing.  For example, when it came to fixing xbox 360's, I wasn't going to watch a Youtube video to figure out how to fix them.  

I have a background in the working knowledge of BGA Reflow process when I worked for a computer manufacturer, DFI, back in the '90's.  I purchased multiple broken Xbox 360 consoles, studied the specs for melting solder and tested on the consoles I purchased until I was at the point of knowing that I could fix them better than anyone else. 

I burnt up a few of the Xbox 360's just in testing the specifications of the melting points of Lead Free Solder, but we also learned our tolerances of heat.  

My equipment that I use for this process has improved over time and the fix that I developed has greatly improved.  We added improvements to the motherboard and airflow design over time and we repeat the process on every console that we get in to fix.  

We've added PS3 repairs along the way, which is a very challenging system, but we developed a process that fix the toughest consoles.  Reflow process on the PS3 is unique and time consuming but when done properly, the PS3 can run for a long period of time.  Our process on the PS3 is different then most and it is not the same as when reflowing the Xbox 360.  You cannot fix the Xbox 360 or the PS3 the way kids show on YouTube, it may come up for a short time but it does not correct the overall problem.       

get more information from www.gamedayresources.com

2 comments:

  1. As an xbox 360 repair center, it advises you not to ship your console to Microsoft–they will hold it for 2-8 weeks and will charge you the full retail repair price. Also, it is surprising but Microsoft frequently doesn't properly repair the infamous Rrod issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the game of their moments of relaxation after a hard working day
    Kizi 3 Games

    ReplyDelete